1. The specific damage of the linen
100% cotton: small holes, broken edges and corners, folded edges fall off, thin and easy to break, the color becomes cloudy, and the softness of the towel is reduced.
Blended: The color becomes cloudy, the cotton part falls off, loses its elasticity, the edges and corners are broken, and the folds fall off.
When one of the above situations occurs, the linen should be replaced in time considering the cause. Generally speaking, the washing times of cotton fabrics are about: cotton sheets, pillowcases, 130~150 times; blended (65% polyester, 35% cotton) , 180~220 times; towels, 100~110 times; table cloth, mouth cloth, 120~130 times.
[The above washing times are set according to the standard requirements of world-class hotels, and are only used as a reference standard.]
2. Causes of damage to linen
Hotel Linen Wholesale / Hotel Linen Manufacturer / Hotel Sheets Wholesale
 Damage caused by washing
(1) Wrong addition time during washing
Do not feed materials when the amount of water in the machine is insufficient, and pay special attention to bleaching chemicals, which will easily cause the detergent to concentrate on the part of the linen and cause damage to the linen.
(2) Improper use of bleach
Laundry rooms should use bleaching detergents with caution, especially bleaching powder (chlorine bleach). If the temperature is not appropriate, the concentration is too high, and there is too much residue after washing, it will lead to discoloration of the linen and even small holes
(3) Linen is exposed to corrosive chemicals
Hanbi Textile hotel linen producer reminds you, that some of the cleaning products used in the hotel are corrosive, especially some strong acid cleaning agents have a great impact on cotton fabrics. If the waiter collects or cleans the room, the cotton fabric Accidentally stained with these cleaners and not immediately cleaned, will also lead to local damage to the linen and poor fastness.
(4) Wrong mix of washing products
The detergents in the laundry room are all chemical products, which require certain knowledge and responsibility and use them correctly. Otherwise, there may be wrong mixing of washing products, or even wrong addition of ingredients, which will also lead to this result.
 Damage caused by machines and humans
(1) The drum of the washing machine has burrs or some parts are not smooth, which may cause the linen to be scratched or worn during the washing process.
(2) The sorting work before washing is not serious, so that some sharp or hard sundries are mixed in it, causing damage during washing.
(3) When loading or leaving the machine before and after washing, use too much force or touch sharp objects to puncture or hook it.
(4) During washing and dehydration, the uniform distribution is not good or the high dehydration time is too long, the mechanical force causes the tearing, or the washing time is too short, the number of times is too small, the washing residue or the washing procedure is defective, and the residual alkali and residual chlorine are not neutralized and removed. .
(5) The quality and storage environment of the linen itself. Cotton fabrics must be stored away from moisture, the warehouse is well ventilated, the edge of the warehouse shelf should be smooth, etc. At the same time, the linen room should be protected from pests and rodents.
Hotel Bed Sheets Wholesale / Hotel cotton bedding set / Hotel Bedspreads Wholesale
3. How to avoid
(1) Use detergent correctly
Master the reasonable feeding time and temperature, understand the basic characteristics and application methods of detergents, and avoid direct contact of cotton fabrics with strongly acidic or corrosive chemicals. In particular, for the correct use of chlorine bleach, use a dechlorination agent to remove excess residual chlorine in time, and use a neutralizer to neutralize residual alkali. Also try to avoid direct contact of cotton fabrics with some corrosive chemicals.
(2) Do a good job of sorting before washing
Including the sorting of linen types and the separation of sundries.
(3) Check the machine frequently
The collection and transportation of linen should be careful to prevent secondary pollution and man-made damage. The loading amount should be appropriate (80%~85%) during washing. Too much or too little will affect the cleanliness and wear of the linen. The machine inspects whether there are sharp and iron impurities remaining in the drum of the machine.
(4) Do a good job in the classification of old and new linen
The natural damage and abnormal damage of the old linen should be treated separately, and the dehydration time should be different for the strength of the old and new linen.
Another point that is directly related to the life of the linen is to avoid "fatigue use", that is, washing multiple times in the same day, this will accelerate the shortening of the life of the linen. It should have sufficient rest time, at least more than 24 hours, that is, after washing, take a day off and use it again the next day. Invisibly, the life of the linen will be longer.
Hotel Bed Linen Company / Hotel Bedding Company / Hotel Linen Factory
Hanbi Textile hotel linen producer
Welcome to your consultation！
For more hotel news and product information, please click here!
Whatsapp/Tel/Wechat: +86 191 6238 7613