In general, the price of down is determined by quality, and everyone understands the principle of getting what you pay for! What's the difference in quality?
1. Fluff Size
(1) The duck (goose) down that has been cultivated for more than one year is about 100 to 150 per 0.1 gram;
(2) About 200 to 230 ducks (goose) down per 0.1 gram for 6-8 months of breeding;
(3) The duck (goose) down for about 60 days is about 320 to 360 per 0.1 gram;
(4) The duck (goose) down for about 35 days is about 400 to 460 per 0.1 gram;
(5) The duck (goose) down for about 28 days is about 550 to 620 per 0.1 gram.
(1) The longer the duck (goose) breeding time is, the longer the velvet grows: the velvet is large, the velvet silk is long and dense, the velvet silk has many edges and nodes, and the fluffy degree is high. (Down with a bulkiness of more than 800 is generally selected by hand, so the price is very high, about 800-900 yuan/kg).
(2) The larger the down, the longer the down, and the tighter the down is intertwined with each other, the more difficult it is to purify; general processing plants can only extract down to 86-88 down. To extract to a higher down content (90~95 down) requires a very professional down manufacturer to do it.
2. Down Color
(1) The color of the velvet of ducks (goose) that has been cultivated for more than 60 days is very white, but it cannot be guaranteed that 100% are pure white, containing about 0.1% black velvet. This is because the white ducks (geese) that have been reared for a long time will grow different-colored down on their bodies, just like people will grow white hair when they are old.
(2) The velvet of ducks (geese) that have been reared for 28~35 days is small, without black velvet, but the color is yellowish, because the growth time is short, the different-colored velvet does not grow, but there are many immature velvet, so the color is biased Yellow, not pure white.
3. Bleached Fleece and Natural Fleece
(1) Natural down is dynamic and lustrous, the velvet is soft and elastic, and has good bulkiness.
(2) Bleaching down, chemical agents are added in the processing process, so that the oil layer on the surface of natural down is damaged, resulting in dull down, embrittlement of down silk and loss of elasticity, which affects the own bulkiness of down. Bleached down has been placed for a long time, the down silk will increase, and the down content will decrease. Well-known domestic brands use bleached down to make ready-to-wear garments. In that year, they used down with a content of 90%, and all the warehousing inspection indicators were qualified. However, when the ready-made garments in stock were sampled the following year, the down content was reduced to 85%. Now the yellowish down on the market is basically bleached. The oil layer of this kind of down is destroyed, and it will slowly turn yellow over time.
(1) The bulkiness is a key indicator of the quality of down. Down products are mainly based on the fluffy effect of the finished product, that is, the degree of expansion; this is destined to be measured by volume instead of weight.
(2) A piece of clothing is filled with 80 grams of down with high fluff, and the effect is better than that of 100 grams of down with low bulk. The unit price of down with high bulkiness is higher than that of down with low bulkiness, but the amount of down with high bulkiness is less and the total cost is almost the same; and the finished product is made of down with high bulkiness, and customers feel much better to the touch. , it is also much easier to recommend.
(3) The quality of down with higher bulkiness is better. Japan, where down products are widely used, is the most important indicator of down with the level of bulkiness. 4. The test method of bulkiness should be tested by steam reduction method to be accurate. The oven method adopted in GB/T 14272-2011 standard fails to truly test the original bulkiness of down.
5. Cashmere Content And Cashmere Content
(1) The inspection methods and assessment indicators adopted by the GB/T 14272-2011 standard are difficult to inspect the quality of down and down, and the content of down silk and feather silk is not assessed, and the standard parameter for bulkiness is low; therefore, GB/T 14272- The 2011 standard is deficient and incomplete.
(2) Down with a lot of down silk and feather silk content will easily mislead the inspection during the inspection process, which will increase the down and down content. But down silk and feather silk are the culprits of drilling down. The more down and feather silk content, the lower the bulkiness.
(3) The standard parameters mislead the monitor of the clothing brand only to look at the test results and not to pay attention to the bulkiness.
The GB/T 14272-2011 standard stipulates that the impurity content of down is less than 1%, and most of the down impurities in the market are more than 0.6% and less than 1%. However, the impurity content of this kind of down is still relatively high. Down with high impurity content will produce odor and bacteria that are not good for the human body. The quality of down can achieve less than 0.3% impurities. odor and bacteria, and to achieve impurities within 0.3%, it must be achieved by using fresh raw materials and through multiple processes.
Dust is a major problem in down processing plants. Since the standard has no assessment indicators to measure, through the detection of special dust removal detection instruments, the down dust content in the market is around 1.5% to 5%. This kind of down can be clearly seen in the down filling room and down filling machine. The dusty down drills a part of the down through the fabric when it is filled, and when it is filled in the down filling room, it is white. A large amount of off-white powder has accumulated on the wall of the down filling machine. This kind of down is made into a finished product. After washing, the light-colored down jacket becomes mottled like a map; while the down quilt is covered by the human body, which can cause coughing and allergies when people inhale dust.
(1) Goose is a herbivore, and goose down has a small oil content, so goose down has no fishy smell.
(2) The smell of grey duck down is better than that of white duck down. The duck down of free-range ducks smells better than that of captive ducks. The longer the ducks are raised, the less smell. Ducks that are 28 to 35 days old have the greatest down odor.
9. Down Silk, Feather Silk And Neck Hair
The less down silk, feather silk and neck hair in the down, the better.